Tourist-Information Schermbeck – Excursion tipSchermbeck
Hit the road and discover Schermbeck by foot or pedals! A signposted cycling and hiking route of about 70 kilometres takes you through meadows, forests, heath and wetlands, past cultural and historical jewels. Along the route, 25 restaurants form a network of hospitality: typical country inns, cosy beer gardens, snugly pubs and sophisticated restaurants invite you to take a break. The moment you get off your saddle or turn off the hiking route, you will directly feel the warm hospitality of this region.
Green, blue and red – these colours stand for our lively village: green for vital nature, blue for the Lippe Canal and several quiet ponds. Red is an expression of joie de vivre and living tradition. Explore the “SCHERMBECK.RUNDUM” hiking and cycling trail. We have all the rates and details ready for you.
More informationLength of the route - about 70 km
3 sections in total
Information brochure with map: 3,00 €
Accommodation, sightseeing and gastronomic visits for individual guests and groups: bookable via the tourist information office in Schermbeck.
1x per year:
Season opening ride - we will advise you personally.
• upper and lower castle mill
• Schermbeck Castle
• Reformed Church of 1786
• historical trail with audio stations
• museums of local history and the smallest electricity museum
• farm museum "das Alte erhalte" and tower station Bricht
• Dämmerwald (twilight forest) and Üfter Mark
• mill ponds and junipers heath
• historical field train
• Neue Wildnis Dämmerwald (twilight forest Neue Wildnis)